Guacamole Omelette

Guacamole Omelette

I asked my husband to cook me a nice breakfast for my birthday a few weeks ago. He doesn't ordinarily have to cook at all as I take care of pretty much all the food around the house. I don't mind — in fact, I enjoy cooking and frequently find myself looking at recipes when there's no cooking to be done — but I thought that it would be nice to have someone cooking for me for a change.

While he doesn't have a grand imagination in the kitchen, he did come up with the idea of this guacamole omelette and cooked it for me too. So this is actually his dish, but I'm claiming it for my own because he did use my own homemade guacamole recipe. Spicy, tangy and creamy fresh guacamole snuggled up in eggs is absolutely delicious, and easy enough for my husband's talents in the kitchen. Best of all, making a batch of guacamole ahead of time left plenty over after the omelette to snack on.


Guacamole OmeletteGuacamole Omelette
Recipe by
Cuisine: Mexican
Published on March 28, 2015

Spicy, tangy and creamy guacamole in a four-egg omelette for a simple breakfast for two

Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes

Print this recipePrint this recipe

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • pinch of dried red chili flakes or chili powder
  • sea salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
  • 1 cup guacamole
  • chopped green onion or cilantro for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  • Break the eggs into a bowl, season with dried red chili flakes or chili powder and salt and pepper to taste, and beat lightly with a fork.

  • Heat the butter or olive oil in a large 9 or 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, pour in the eggs and stir gently with the back of a fork for 30 seconds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the eggs are almost set, loosening the edges occasionally with a spatula and tilting the pan to let the uncooked eggs reach the surface of the pan.

  • Spoon the guacamole over half of the eggs and cook for another 30 to 60seconds until the eggs are set.

  • Tap the handle of the pan sharply with your fist to loosen the omelette and then fold it over with a fork or spatula. Slide the omelette onto a plate and scatter chopped green onions or cilantro over top if desired. Serve right away.

Makes 2 servings

Guacamole Omelette

More breakfast egg ideas you may enjoy:
Greek Omelette
Jalapeño Breakfast Burritos
Huevos Rancheros Con Frijoles
Chili Tortilla Scramble

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Such a great idea! I love Mexican brunches where they serve guac with the eggs!